NFTs = Non-fungible tokens

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Some artists on POL have been approached by a recently-joined member to sell their work to someone who proposes to trade in NFTs - and if that doesn't mean anything to you, it doesn't mean a lot to me, either. I have no idea whether this is a genuine approach or not, but I would urge everyone to be very careful before responding positively to such an offer, and to do their online research first.  If you're a professional painter - that is, one whose career lies in producing and selling paintings - speak to your accountant, agent, or gallery first.  And if anyone offers to pay you in Bitcoin - just don't respond. 
Bumping this back up again.  
This site explains NFTs in what to me seems quite a balanced way. https://nftexplained.io/what-is-nft-art/ I wouldn't touch them myself -- they're risky, too recent and I'm not an early adopter, and perhaps the thing will turn out to be a brief fad anyway.

This post has been removed as it violates our forum rules and guidelines.

The above was remove as it contains link to a Facebook page ultimately selling NFTS.
I too was approached by someone wanting to buy my artwork with NFT’s. I was very dubious and replied that I would need an awful lot more information about her and her company just for due diligence. She wanted me to ‘mint’ my artwork but when I requested background information she did not respond any more. I would be super cautious about it. 
I think that being paid by Bitcoins or other such digital money, is like being paid by shares in a company.  If you dont cash it in straight away you could end up losing a good amount. I'd demand real money if I were selling.
I agree with the above comments: if you area a professional artist, being paid in NFT's is big gamble.  And the question remains, why would a recently-joined member approach a number of artists?  

This post has been removed as it violates our forum rules and guidelines.