TALP Open 2020 - call for entries is now open!

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 3
It's official! Call for entries to our 2020 TALP Open Art Competition is now open! http://bit.ly/37NXVPY

Edited
by Painters-Online Team

Entries starting to come in already! Who's thinking of entering for 2020?
Well it would be a waste of time and money for me to enter, so I will save myself the twenty quid fee.
That makes two of us Robert!
I always enjoy entering this competition. The two categories available cater for both amateur and professional artists alike. There are some great prizes up for grabs, and the £20 entry fee, which covers a submission of three paintings is good value in my opinion. I shall be entering both categories, I’ve already submitted my first painting yesterday to The Artist.
Bump, as it were - for you young things conversant with the technology. This got knocked off the page when spam was removed, so I hope this will restore it. 
I might be tempted if it was a bit nearer but as I'm not going to actually get there, I won't enter.  It will be lovely to see the entries online though and good luck to everybody who enters.
I hear you Margaret  and completely understand . I had a pic in in the competitions early days and it was a right palaver to get it there and to collect it.  But I am tempted to enter again.  I would quite like the hassle of the logistics if I got a painting selected.  The standard is high and I am apprehensive   But why the hell not...nothing ventured nothing gained. 
You should give it a go Sylvia - you have beautiful work.   Apart from the hassle involved, my stuff probably wouldn't get accepted anyway - but I might try if it was a bit closer.  I am hoping to do something with my artwork next year - but a bit more low key.
I would always give it a go - my first attempt last year and I actually got one chosen in the Leisure category 'Laura in the snow' so will give it another go.   Alan, how can you enter both categories … I thought the professional category i.e. The Artist is for professionals and the Leisure Painter category for amateurs? 
I suppose that’s the objective of having the two categories Heather, but it’s fine and within the rules to enter both if you so wish! I’ve had work accepted in TA category before, so will be giving it another go.
Ah, I thought professionals couldn't (or shouldn't?) enter the Amateur category, seems rather unfair if they can.  Anyway, best of luck to all who enter. 
Showing page 1 of 3