Outdoor show in Bournemouth

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 3 of 3
Don't worry Derek we'll find you & yes it has been a really good day today let's hope it holds. See you tomorrow ;-)
Lovely to meet you yesterday Derek, what an entertaining Gent you are !! Also really enjoyed seeing your paintings in the "flesh" so to speak great work. I hope the rest of your visit goes well for you and hopefully we will get the chance to meet again in the future.
Thanks Donna and my pupil. If am the mentor, is that my title??? It was lovely to see and meet you both and a good chat and many laughs.. Not much biz going on for any one, too hot so while I love that, too many passing through just to get to the beach. All finished tonight and waiting for wife to collect me and the caravan tomorrow. t's been a good experience and network
Cheers Donna. It was strange this morning moving my stuff from the shed to the car. Carole came and helped and on the way up the slope to the car, a wheel fell off the borrowed sack trolley and then as we attempted (stupidly - must have been the heat) to unload the large cardboard box off the trolley into the car with all my work in it decided to split. We just laughed - luckily no damage.
Thanks Donna and your husband Bob!!!!!
Hi Derek, Sorry I haven't posted sooner, I'm finding it very difficult to juggle my time at the moment. Roll on, retirement!! It was great meeting you in Bournemouth last week. Glad you sold a couple to make it all worthwhile. and hopefully you'll have another go next year. Who knows, I might even be brave enough to join you!! Or should I say, the 'wife' and I ? Take care, mate and I hope to see you again soon. Maybe for that sketching lesson that we discussed??:-)) Bob Singfield
Thanks Bob, whatever. Feel free to chat about anything
You have seen some sketches, more to come, but here are a couple of shots of the scene itself including my stand. It was just at the start of the school hols and therefore in the excellent weather everyone was keen to get to the beach, passing us by with nary a glance apart from those gadgets they all seem to staring at in heir hands. It is a good venue give it a whirl on year. I am aiming to go again next year.
<pre class="western" lang="en-GB">Some old git moans about the week Groups of all ages and genders walking/running through studying some gadget in their hands,not even looking where they're going.Groups of all ages and genders walking/running through studying some gadget in their hands,not even looking at the stunning art work either side of them. Timewasters – “just a quicky look haven't got a lot of time” they say and then tell you their life story, with no mention of art.Squirrels in the pines jumping on the covers above and waking me.Squirrels, scampering across the walk and competing with birds flitting below the back drops.Old men and women, probably lonely, just out to chat and then block an interested person approaching.Foreign students non stop, loud giggling during a swift passage to and from the beach.Drunk louts staggering behind the backdrops and falling to sleep.Drunk louts staggering behind the backdrops and relieving themselves against the pine treesThe penny whistle busker down in the gardens – same old same old.Kids dragging the occasional interested parent through to the beach.Hot sunshine, nice to have but the beach a big distractionVery pretty girls in beach wear – such a big distraction!Punters who say “that's nice” or “I like that” to a colleaguePunters who will come back later after they've been to the bank but don't.</pre>
Showing page 3 of 3