What is a drawing?

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
Much of this has already been said, in fact I have said it on this very forum numerous times, but basic and solid drawing skills form an important backbone to progressing into colour. If you can't draw or show no interest in learning these skills then this will almost certainly show in your paintings in some form or another. Of course we can all draw in some form or another, that's obvious but then why don't we stick at it, learn good draughtsmanship and related technical skill before plunging headlong into complicated colour work. The reason is because many of us find it boring, we just can't be bothered to go through all these tedious exercises that are necessary but to ignore them may cause you to falter later on. There have been a few newcomers on here since I joined asking for advice, one that I can think of in particular that showed a keen interest in starting with the basics, was given some sound advice by myself and several others and then went away and ignored everything that had been said, at least we tried and will continue to try I'm sure.
Showing page 2 of 2