Any help who the artist is?

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Not a clue from this signature, but it would help if you’d shown the whole of the picture and given us a bit of background information. It’s signed by the artist in pencil on what is obviously a print of some sort, litho, silk screen, there’s many possibilities here and I’d need to see the whole image. Maybe a limited edition if there’s an edition number on the border. 

Edited
by Alan Bickley

May I ask why have you just posted this?  No comment , nothing.  
The name looks like 'something' Schearer. Which is no help to me in identifying it, I fear, even it that's right.  Which it probably isn't - either he/she had signed one print too many that day, or they're a doctor...... 
To be honest, L Sgs, it would be pretty remarkable for anyone on this forum to recognize a work by signature alone; it isn't easy, even if you show us the whole picture.  There are hundreds of thousands of artists out there, many are traceable, but sadly, after death, many of us just disappear - and if we had the bad judgement to die before Google had harvested our names in its memory banks, finding us is going to be a problem unless we're a Turner, Constable, or Matisse.   Still, try the whole picture, if you can compress it to this part of the site's maximum - you never know, it might ring a bell. 
Yes indeed! The chance of anyone on here recognising it is remote… but I’ve seen it happen occasionally!
I thought it looked like Schwarzer, but the first name doesn’t look like anything pronounceable.  Is the first letter a G or a J. Perhaps Gohrod.  Anyway there is a website for identifying artists’ signatures, but this isn’t it.