Inspiration from Artists Wk 74 : Chris Krupinski and Audrey Johns

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 3 of 3
Love this artist’s colourful, often quirky, paintings with their thickly textured paint which adds character.  A good find,  Paul!  A few more…

Edited
by Jenny Harris

Marvelous selection, Dixie. I'd give these wall space. Especially the cottages along the cliff and, the whitewashed cottage with the cement roof. Liking the painting of the sheepdog nosing through the hole in the door, that hole would have got a lot bigger over time.

Edited
by Carol Jones

Plenty of artistic licence used here!  Not necessarily the colours I associate with Wales either, but cheerful, enlivening, warm paintings.  Cheers the eyes up, on this chilly, wet, wintry August day (where I live, on the presently wind- and salt-blasted south east coast of the Isle of Wight). 
She has a quirky naivety that I suspect resonates with the Van Gogh inside us all.  These two appealed to me....
It's just struck me where I've seen houses in these great colours before - not in Wales, but in Ireland - I'd quite like to live in a world like this: but I've also noticed, taking a closer look at that painting of the dog, plus a couple of others less noticeably, that it looks as though the painting has been assembled by sticking bits into place - there's a distinct framing around part of the dog's head, which could be something stuck over the painting, or that the artist has just carefully varnished that part of it to make it stand out.   I like these little mysteries!
Robert, this is another image of the dog from her gallery - it’s described as a print under glass and doesn’t have that ‘framing’ you mentioned (I also wondered about that) - looks like that might have been a reflection in the glass when a different photo of it was taken.

Edited
by Jenny Harris

Well spotted Robert I had not noticed it.  Jenny you came up with a far better photo you are so good at researching and finding these thing and that’s why the  thread  works so well with your great  input.
Next weeks featuring artists are : EH Shepard and Claire McCall. I will ope the thread on Sunday evening.
I like the collie dog very much but could leave the village scenes, too colourful for me although they would make great illustrations for a children’s book. 🤷‍♀️
Showing page 3 of 3