Inspiration from Artists Wk 60 , Anna Dillon and Jean Baptiste Camille Corot

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 3 of 3
I do like brightly coloured paintings that Jenny posted even though I'm not particularly keen on the style, the work is excellent. I like old school and ancient art I've come to realise. I like Corot's work very much. Something struck me whilst I was looking through some of it. I try to put far too much detail into figures and objects in some of my paintings. Some of Corot's work, just hints enough at the figures in his landscapes and he carefully places objects within the landscape to make it look interesting and create a story. There is not much detail in the figures or animals but it's just enough and all it needs. Something I will bare in mind. It's good when we can look at art and learn something from it to help us try something or move forward a bit.
Next week’s featuring artist are Ng Woon Lam and Rowland Henry Hill. I will open the new thread on Sunday evening as usual , have a good weekend. 
Showing page 3 of 3