Inspiration from Artists Wk 50 Bonus Frank McKelvey and Christopher Zhang .

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
Good point Tony! We whizz through these artists week after week, and sometimes it’s hard to remember who we have looked at, so a reminder is good.
We can have a reminder the week after next as it’s one year since we started the Inspiration from Artists  thread . The week will be dedicated to you picking a particular arts or artists and one of there painting that you particularly liked . 
Our second artist this weekend is Christopher Zheng born in 1954. A professional artist born in Shanghai and now lining in America where he teaches art. His main themes are the Chines Minority and their Social Customs and ballerinas.  I hope you enjoy his excellent artwork his portrait are quite superb , his ballet dancers and scenes are full of movement.

Edited
by Paul (Dixie) Dean

Very vibrant these ones Paul. Will go and look him up.
I looked at the dancers and I like them but not as much as those of Degas. But this one caught my eye. The second one had, for me, a feeling of a Van Gogh ( the colours and strokes….the Venice painting is very atmospheric.

Edited
by Marjorie Firth

Another maker of fascinating work.  I like the colourful approach.
There’s something about paintings of ballet dancers in the rehearsal room that I find fascinating and these are lovely. I like his depth of colour in the portraits as well.
Another artist I hadn’t heard of before - lovely use of colour.
I  can’t resist posting some maritime paintings and a few other , sorry to overload you. 
Sorry fat fingers as Sylvia would say. 

Edited
by Paul (Dixie) Dean

Showing page 2 of 2