Inspiration From Artists Wk 106 Featuring Artists : Hiroko Yashimoto and J W Inchbold.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 3
Welcome to week 106 of the thread this weeks featuring artists are : Hiroko Yadhimoto and  JW Inchbold, Jenny will open this week with her introduction to Hiroko Yashimoto and on Wednesday I will introduce  JW Inchbold .Please do join in the discussion and select sone paintings by the featured artists that you particularly like.

Edited
by Paul (Dixie) Dean

HIROKO YOSHIMOTO, born 1943 in Japan, is an artist who paints large colourful abstracts in oil on panel or canvas.  She cultivated a love of nature from her mother - they often visited the Tokyo University Botanical Gardens, and this has greatly influenced the subject matter of her work, a recurring theme of which is Biodiversity. After moving to Los Angeles as a teen, she now resides in Southern California.  She achieved a BA and an MA in Art at the UCLA and, although now retired, taught studio art at Ventura College in California where she also designed stage sets for various operas.  She has been a practising and exhibiting artist since graduation, exhibiting actively in California, Tokyo and New York. The last one below is sumi ink on paper 40 x 30 ins. 

Edited
by Jenny Harris

Just love these vibrant colourful abstracts, great choice Jenny, as this artist is one that a lot of us wouldn't know about.
Some great work here -- thanks Jenny. I could live with most of them (1, 2, 4, 5, 6 are particularly impressive). They're at about the right level of 'suggestiveness' for me, and the control of colour stands out.
Thanks for the introduction Jenny , whist not the type of painting I would normally look out for or paint I do lie the colours and the shapes she achieves. I will look at some more of her work and choose some I particularly like. 
They are so flat - at least, so they appear on screen.  I don't know how you can make oil as flat as that, save by huge dilution - which has technical risks; but I suppose it's worth doing if you like the results.  
Interrupted by a phone call - I do quite like the results; though am surprised by the fluidity achieved in the paint: this would be much easier to do in acrylic.
I can see why people would like these, but for me they are (except the penultimate example) the triumph of colour to the detriment of everything else.
A very talented artist who paints in several styles a small example of some of here work that’s a bit different to that posted . The last one I  really s do like the colours and the shapes are superb.
Some more of her colourful artwork.

Edited
by Jenny Harris

Just bringing this up once more in case anyone else would like to see it.  

Edited
by Jenny Harris

Loving them Jenny, and good to see how these colourful paintings look on a wall.
Showing page 1 of 3