Inspiration from Artists Week 86 Bonus Artist Joe Hush

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Welcome to this weeks Inspiration from Artists this week’s bonus artist is : Joe Hush , born in Northumberland in 1951 Joe drew his inspiration from the surrounding countryside. He is a self taught artist who has painted from pleasure most of his life . Joe turned professional in 1993 he paints primarily landscapes when the light interests him with a good eye for detail he likes to capture the atmosphere and his feelings on that particular day. The Lake District is among his favourite subjects. Some of you may be already aware of his beautiful paintings due to Joe having a gallery on POL. I had to stop myself from overloading the system with his work, I found myself picking far to many I hope you enjoy the choices I have made .
Paul, we looked at this artist in week 33, but his work is lovely and there may be those who missed it last time.

Edited
by Jenny Harris

One of those days Jenny rushing about , I even looked at the list to check . as it’s a bonus artist I will let it stand tonight and add another tomorrow lunch time . 
Yes I remember him but definitely a very talented artist worth seeing again. 
Lovely work and very talented. A real pleasure looking at landscapes like this.
I couldn't resist a touch of Schadenfreude Paul, when I saw that you'd done what I did over Thelwell.  I'm a wicked old man and should be ashamed. But it's always a treat to see these paintings again, and they are truly magnificent landscapes.   What we all need to know, of course, is - how the Hell does he do it?
Revenge is sweet as the saying goes Robert , honestly I must have been daydreaming total lost the plot but what a superb art he is . I would love one tenth of his skill and would be very happy to have it as well , he was so skilled but I would bet like a lot of artists he had the occasional self doubt and picked up on his mistakes like we all do . No doubt that his mistakes are far better than many people can paint me included.