Inspiration from Artists week 79 bonus artist : Yuko Nagayama.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Welcome to this weekends bonus artist thread. The featuring artist this week is  Yuko Nagayama born 1963. A Japanese and Asian modern and contemporary artist . Yuko is a leading watercolorist and teacher known for her easy ti understand instructional style. Her work is  very loose and the colours just seem to flow I think it looks easier than it is to achieve such a beautiful finished piece. I hope you enjoy my selection of her work.

Edited
by Paul (Dixie) Dean

Superb wet on wet watercolour.  A technique that appears easy, but certainly isn't.  Not for me anyway.  She still manages vibrant colour.
Really beautiful watercolours. I had not heard of her before but will certainly be looking out for her work in future. Thanks for showing  them Paul
These are just beautiful objects, the one that most appeals to me being the fourth one up - with berries that shine and glint like jewels in their purity of colour (making me wonder what colour she actually used for them - obviously there's more to her work than just clever selection of colours: Japanese and Chinese watercolours can be startlingly effective in the right hands, but there's such skill here that it's almost crass to ask "how did she do it, what colour, what brushes, what paper?" - as if, were I to use the same materials, I could achieve the same results; I only wish I could).   They're not only fine paintings, they're also uplifting - thank you, Paul, for discovering this work.  You make the point about it looking easy, but I think the only people who could possibly think that are those who know nothing of the challenges of painting in watercolour: they look as easy to me as I'd find running the four-minute mile, with you as pacemaker...!   You've really made a great effort to find these artists for us, and we've learned so much from it.  
Really beautiful work Paul, what a find. Her work is stunning.
The white flowers in the decorated jar & cup, 3-D decorations if I'm not mistaken, is fabulous.  I can't imagine how that was approached in watercolour, the subtlety in the off white colours, wow.  Enough to make you want to give up.
So beautiful. Some stunning paintings. Thank you Paul for bringing her to us. 
Fabulous work Dixie, another great find. Her work is so skilful and gentle, and her use of colour and composition is just magical.
I’m so pleased that you are enjoying her work, I only came across her work a few days ago and I have to admit to being a instant fan. I can’t even paint like that in my wildest dreams her skill and talent is just amazing. I taking the liberty of adding some more of her work but concentrated on landscapes . Robert it’s a great pleasure seeking out artists and having the privilege of sharing them with you guys , I think I speak for Jenny when I say it’s  feedback and support from you all that keeps us going and pushing us to find more artists to share . I will add it can only happen on Painters online and with Dawns I it’s help and continued support , thanks Dawn and team. 

Edited
by Paul (Dixie) Dean

Known Her Work For A Very Long Time...  She Is My Favorite Water Color Artist...
Not seen her work before, it’s very beautiful and so skilfully done.  Great choice, Paul.