Inspiration from Artists Week 66 Featuring Artists : Maggie Vendewalle, and Vanantina Verlato.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 3 of 3
Maggie Vandewalle was born and raised in rural Iowa.  As a child she spent her time roaming the woods and fields, reading books and forever doodling.  After high school she received an art scholarship to the University of Iowa where she worked towards a BFA in printmaking. I by the way they know after doing a study with the help of https://edusson.com/write-my-college-essay these guys help me write my college essay, this I must say was an interesting write up about this artist and actually I didn't know about her, I'm glad I found out about this one because she has particularly beautiful drawings that are worth looking at.  She now works with watercolour and gouache or graphite to convey her love of the organic world and that of a really good story: “While growing up, if I wasn’t outside, I spent most of my time with my nose in books.  When I look back, the pictures are as clear to me as the stories, they are intertwined in a way that creates magic for me.  I’m not a writer, but love a story, I try to create visual narratives through the use of paint.” Arthur Rackham is listed as one of her favourite artists, and you can see his influence in a lot of her work.  
Jenny Harris on 04/06/2023 16:12:03
These images look interesting, I actually like this kind of art, I just don't understand why there are a lot of 'eyes' looking at you at all, as if the author used some acid to draw these, is there some context to this style?

Edited
by Havasa Bata

Showing page 3 of 3