Inspiration From Artists Week 59: Sir Alfred Munnings and James McIntosh Patrick .

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
We have been introduced to some superb artists and artwork over the last year and with the help of you good folk I do believe there is yet more to come. Coming across the occasional gem make it worthwhile and I think makes  you more eager to find more  , please do let me have more names even very well known artists. If you don’t want to do a introduction to a artist you suggest that’s ok , I or someone will do it but please don’t be put off from suggesting any artist . It so good to have a variety to share and often it’s the unknown, lesser known artists that provide some inspiration and support artwork.
Paul, if you need more names - Toulouse Lautrec, Sally Ward, Masato Watanabe, Maurits Cornelis Escher, Jane Perkins.  I’ve already suggested quite a few, but am happy to do these as well if you need more.  Hopefully you’ll get more suggestions from others. Just seen that Lewis has mentioned Toulouse Lautrec in another post today - perhaps he would like to do the introduction for this one?

Edited
by Jenny Harris

Just caught up with this.  I'll do something on Toulouse Lautrec if you wish. I've lost my place with all these artists.  Is someone doing Alphonse Mucha?
Lew I will happily put you down for Toulouse Lautrec I have just notice Jenny I’d down to do  Alphonso Mucha but she might well like you to do it as she has a lot coming up. I will await her decision. 

Edited
by Paul (Dixie) Dean

That’s fine by me.  I believe Mucha is already scheduled for 31st May, but no date yet for Toulouse Lautrec.  Am more than happy for Lewis to do both, his introductions will probably be more entertaining than mine!

Edited
by Jenny Harris

Thanks Jenny I’ve just added the new names and change it to show Lew is doing Alphonso Mucha. 
I wasn't sure I'd seen Mucha on the list.  So I'll do it if Jenny really doesn't mind, I know she does a lot for this thread.  And Lautrec some time in the future.
Lautrec is some time off Lew but is n list in the forum worth your name on . Thanks for doing then both Jenny and I tend to have the lion’s share as we don’t get many people offering up names . 
It’s a shame more people don’t get involved - it’s always interesting to see other people’s  choices.   I find it really enjoyable researching an artist and choosing which paintings to include - it’s rewarding and doesn’t involve a huge commitment time-wise.   
Lovely work from this artist Paul and I came across Dorothea Hannah, it's so unlike his other paintings I've checked and it does look like it was painted in 1928. I really like it.
That’s a superb find Denise well spotted , check out this weekends bonus artist , he’s a Liverpudlian . 
Showing page 2 of 2