Inspiration from Artists Week 58 bonus artist David Day.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
Lovely stuff. Great to see his interpretation of , Dylan Thomas’ cottage in Laugharne, Tenby and Cardiff bay. The palette also reminds me of Kyffin Williams. Thanks for the intro Paul.

Edited
by Andrew Roles

I’m pleased that his work is being appreciated , as the others that suggest artist for the thread would probably say , it’s really rewarding when you pick one out that get a good response. I enjoy researching and trying to find artists that aren’t always well know , like a lot of you guys I have no formal art training and did not until recently really study artists work so closely.  I have learnt so much and have certainly broadened my understanding and views . I don’t get that many bright ideas but this certainly was one of my best , well for me anyway and it’s a free art education. 
An interesting artist indeed. I like his particular style. As others have mentioned - not overly keen on the vertical lines - but they work better in some pieces than they do in others.
I’ve had another browse through his paintings and find that those mainly vertical lines don’t offend as much as I thought at first! They are mostly continuation of lines of his buildings etc and do make sense. Denise is right in her comments and I think it’s part of his design style.  Super choice. The more I look the more I like.
Showing page 2 of 2