Inspiration from Artists Week 44 : Iosif Derecichel and Roy Lichtenstein.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 5 of 5
Robert see the  43 Inspiration from artists . I have inadvertently answered your comment re northerners looking the same  in that thread .

Edited
by Paul (Dixie) Dean

Robert makes an interesting point about whether originality is still possible after all these years; its one I often think about too. And I don't just mean doing an original painting of a tree or apple, but developing an original style that could transfer to any object, just as say pointillism or cubism could be applied. I happen to think we haven't exhausted painting just yet (how depressed it would be if so), even if a lot of contemporary artists seem to have shunned painting in recent decades. One of the reasons I like the more abstract end of the continuum is because I'm convinced that space is still largely unexplored territory (even though, strangely, a lot of abstract art is pretty samey). 
A strong point made by Robert about originality.  Whatever you come up with there's usually a bunch of people who've tried it before.  All you can really say is 'it's the first time I've done it.'  Artists have always got their inspiration from other artists, like Lichtenstein.  At best you can put your own twist on it.  No worries...as they say in the land of OZ.
As we are now into the Christmas Festivities, I though of suspending the threat until January. I will open the new thread on the evening of the First of January, thank you for all your support and encouragement regarding the artists we have looked at . I will post a bonus artist this evening and a couple during next week . I hope you all have a good Christmas and the man in red brings you lots of nice things . Best wishes for the New Year. 
Thanks once more Paul for all of your hard work.   Enjoy your Christmas .
Thanks Dixie, Happy Christmas to you and yours. X
Showing page 5 of 5