Inspiration from Artists Week 44 bonus artist Rowland Henry Hill

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Welcome to this weekends bonus artist Rowland Henry Hill 1873 - 1952 born in Halifax Yorkshire. He studied at Halifax and Bradford Schools of Art , also at Herkomer Bushey and extensively abroad mainly on the Continent. He was a member of the Staiths Group of Painters who worked in the Staiths and Runswick Bay Area of Yorkshire. I hope you enjoy his artwork.

Edited
by Paul (Dixie) Dean

That. View of Staithes is wonderful.  Somewhere I have never got to I will one day.  Loose and descriptive paintings...nice, very nice
I spent a vey pleasant hour last evening looking at his work, I find then really pleasant and nostalgic in many ways, not something that appeals to people these days . 
He had a very particular style - which I like: there's an openness and space about most of his pictures: a feeling of a world beyond the frame.  
I like some of his work, like the one you’ve posted of the open cast mining, capturing some local history.  Also found these two which I like, especially the second one.  (Just noticed the tree on the right of this one looks like a big smiling dog!). His painting style seems to vary a bit, though - the second to last you posted above, Paul, is quite different to his other work.

Edited
by Jenny Harris

Big smiley dog with a ciggy in its mouth.    I see you have gone back to your old avatar  Jenny...!  Yes I like this artist a lot, honest. ,well done paintings . 
Hoped I’d changed it back before anyone noticed, Sylvia! 

Edited
by Jenny Harris

There you go Jenny...old Eagle eye  doesn't miss much.
I should have known you’d spot it!

Edited
by Jenny Harris