Inspiration from artists week 42 Bonus artist Cheng-kee Chee

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Welcome to this weekends bonus artist Chen- Kee Chee a Chinese born American artist . Cheng kee was born in 1934 in a rural village near  the city of Xiamen in Xianggyu district of  Fujian Province China. His family moved to Malaysia in 1948 , Cheng completed his schooling in Penang Malaysia and later graduated from Nanguang university Singapore. He move to America in 1962 and completed a masters degree in art in 1964 . He paints both Asian and Western style in watercolour. The information give a link to a interview if you feel interested to hear more about him.  He is well know for his paintings of koi carp .
What lovely watercolours, Paul. I especially like his paintings of birds, and read an interview with him where he describes his ‘saturated wet technique’ where he lifts colours out to define shapes while the paper is still wet.  It gives a lovely softness to his work.
Gosh, another great find Dixie! I do like his koi carp paintings, the movement and detail are wonderful. I also found this which I really like- so subtle and a lovely style. I think his trees are exceptional.
Good choice Paul!  Just love those koi carp.
Another very interesting and skilled artist.  I'm constantly astonished by what some artists can do with watercolour.
He is a very talented artist, there are a lot of Chinese watercolour artists on the internet and not all are traditional style . Some more of his excellent paintings, I’m at risk here of overloading the thread there are so many good paintings to choose from. 
Wow great choice Paul his carp painting are superb as are his birds. His landscapes etc aren’t too shoddy either !