Inspiration from Artists week 23 : Bonus artist Wynford Dewhurst.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
Paul, Sylvia’s comment that the paintings don’t all look like they were by the same artist prompted me to look again at the two of the Highland Calves which do seem a different style, and these are actually the work of another British Impressionist, Carl E. Watson.  (Sorry, you must be getting fed up with me checking things!)

Edited
by Jenny Harris

Oh Daffy me .
Well spotted Jenny I must stop believing what google offer as peoples painting and look closer. I will have a look at CEWatson.
And take another look at the framed one with the little girls and dog, this appears to be by the Russian artist Alexander Averin.
Time I gave up , how to make a fool of your self I’m one lesson. I do trust google etc far to much and take for granted what it offers. 
You do an amazing job Paul.so easy to make a mistake .   Personally I think you are wonderful.

Edited
by Sylvia Evans

It’s easy done, Paul, on Google searches, we’ve all been caught out.  (I feel mean pointing it out but thought you’d prefer to know.) Agree with Sylvia, you do an amazing job, keep it up!

Edited
by Jenny Harris

Thank you both for the very kind comment, as I have said before I do thoroughly enjoy doing this thread , a bit like a boy with his new toy . I would prefer you or anyone telling me  it’s wrong otherwise people take it for fact and we never learn . Jenny pleases continue to pick up on mistakes for the benefit of us all , we then all learn about other artists etc. It’s just frustration and feeling cross with myself but I will get over it. 

Edited
by Paul (Dixie) Dean

That explains a lot - I saw Landseer in the two cattle paintings but no sign of him anywhere else.  Don't kick yourself, Paul, it's a fantastically easy mistake to make.  I don't think it much changes my view of Dewhurst as an experimenter, though - it does a bit.  
Thanks Robert  you comment is really appreciated. I will look up Landseer , I will add him to the list would you do the intro?.
Sure - just tell me when: Sir Edwin Landseer, I think - a man with total control of his brush.  
Paul we all get caught out by Google at times so don’t kick yourself about it, you are doing a great job on the threads!
Showing page 2 of 2