Inspiration from Artists Mike Jeffries.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
I really like his work, the tram especially. The design of the old trucks and buses are just magical to look at. Really wonderful work and as mentioned, the detailing is superb.
There's a great deal of nostalgic charm in this artist's work.  I'm very pleased to see it.  Oddly, like Tessa, as pleased as I am to see it, I wouldn't have it on my wall...that's if I were in a position to collect other people's work.  Weird.  Maybe 'what we'd have on our walls' is the theme of another thread. (Perhaps not...there'd be too many 'what ifs' and 'maybes'.)
Gosh this man creates nostalgia in bucket loads! I can see why you like his work Paul, thanks for the intro.
OI have admired his work for a long time partly due to the old vehicles but I think it’s to do with the whole scenes and they are full of childhood memories. I have to say that I would not put on the walls unless it was in a study or office a strange thing to say when you admire the artwork so much , I just feel they would be out of place . Some more of his work the first one is of Birmingham market. 

Edited
by Paul (Dixie) Dean

Paul, several of these are watercolour and different in subject and style to the others.  Apparently there’s another Mike Jeffries who is a watercolour artist from the north of England and the watercolours are his work.  Confusing, isn’t it?!

Edited
by Jenny Harris

Well spotted I didn’t notice or know thanks Jenny I will remove them . I have to admit that I thought I hadn’t seen them before, teach me to look more closely in future . I will have a look at the other Mike Jeffries might be interesting to see his work as it look good on the ones I used by mistake. 

Edited
by Paul (Dixie) Dean

Showing page 2 of 2