Inspiration from Artists 47 Bonus artist Sir George Clausen.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
Great idea, Paul!  (Amazing that this thread is still going strong after one year - thanks to all your hard work.)

Edited
by Jenny Harris

Yes Marjorie, much of Millet's work is similar. A good idea for the 1st anniversary of the thread.  A much valued effort by you.  I'll have to put my thinking cap on.  Drat.
I agree- great idea! Hard to pick as we have looked at so many wonderful artists, and I can’t believe this is coming up to a year! Well done Dixie.
I’m not sure if it’s a year to the day but it will be our 52 week . I have to thank all of you lovely people for supporting it and coming up with the artist’s and artwork. On a personal level I have enjoyed every bit of it , despite my mistakes etc it’s been and is still great fun today . It have changed my view on art due to looking at so many different styles and artist , I also think it’s had an effect on my own artwork all for the better . I have enough on the list at the moment to take us up to week 62, and have a good hundred or more artist on my back up list and for bonus artists. I never thought I would say this but I’m actually enjoying doing the research as well. Please don’t be shy and let me have anymore name for the list there are thousands of artist out there still. I will finish by thanking Dawn and team for taking on my suggestion and letting it run . 
I like Sir George's watercolour best, of all of these.  The oil paintings capture a largely lost world - some of which was perhaps better lost; he manages to avoid the sentimentality of a lot of Victorian/Edwardian painters when picturing the world of honest toil...  Talking of honest toil, congratulations to Paul for keeping this thread going and flourishing for a year: must be the longest continuing thread I can remember on POL - I should think we've ALL learned from it: certainly, I've seen paintings I'd never seen before. 
Paul and Jenny  second in command , I think the  idea and all the work put into  is amazing. Huge Thankyou. Just had a browse through these and I so like the ones without the figures ,clever though they are. It seenpms such a remote era turn of the twentieth centuary  they all look so miserable...the cottages ,trees and golden field are lovely .   You always have one Tigger in the woodpile.  Oh and those lovely trees.

Edited
by Sylvia Evans

Thank you all for the kind comments and support and do let’s thank Jenny for keeping me in line with the wrong posting etc I really value your support Jenny. 
Thanks, Paul, although It’s something I enjoy doing - not ‘keeping you in line’ (!), but just taking part in this thread.  I’ve learned such a lot from it - helps broaden your knowledge of art in general  - glad it’s still going strong!

Edited
by Jenny Harris

Paul, I do have a couple more you could add to the list - Martin Proctor and Anna Dillon.  Thanks.
Showing page 2 of 2