Inspiration from Artist week 53 Featuring Artists Angela Harding and John Byrne.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 3 of 3
Fantastic guitar and excellent stand out portraits. I am just watching a programme about Christian Hook preparing for his prize portrait of Alan Cumming- good to see the interaction between artist and sitter, but the process must be different for an artist who knows the sitter well, or maybe not?
Tessa, I saw this portrait at the National Portrait Gallery in Edinburgh - it was brilliant!
I guess there may be a difference when the sitter is a friend.  Not sure.  You have the same task the achieve...the portrait. Some more of John Byrne's work.... Costume design for Marcelina in the Marriage of Figaro... Sketch of the actress Tilda Swinton... At one of his theatre openings, John made a giant pop-up art book.  It was displayed in the foyer...
Some great work, love the Tilda Swinton!
I also love the Tilda Swinton one.  Read that they used to be partners and have two children, so expect this ‘just got up’ look was a familiar sight!  Also really like the last Billy Connolly painting.

Edited
by Jenny Harris

A superb artist Lew  thank you for the introduction.
Jenny, I didnt realise that! Interesting background.
Next weeks artist are Jane Glue  and Charlie MacKeasy . I will open the new thread on Sunday evening . 
Showing page 3 of 3