paper (rolls) in UK

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
I have been back in UK now since September and therefore am buying most materials now here. I need a lot of paper as I sketch a lot and also as ink is my most used medium. Anyway, I bought some fabriano 200gsm paper in rolls (I just cut what I need) and am happy with it, but got it as I was not sure about others available. So, just wondering if any recommendations can be given for other makes available here. I always use at least 200gsm because of the ink brushes I sometimes sketch with.
I don't actually buy watercolour in rolls myself, although it is a thought, but Fabriano Artistico is in my book one of the best papers available. I used Arches for many years but after trying Fabriano I switched, other artist's will have different views of course. I expect that 200lb is probably the heaviest weight available in rolls, my personal preference is 300lb which I find great for heavy washes.
<div>I ordered some printing paper and inks from Great Art 2 days ago which were coming from Germany, and they have given me a delivery time of between 5 and 8 days, but I have been following the tracking on DPD and it is at my local delivery depot already waiting to come out. I think I paid about £2.50 delivery. I have always been happy with Great Art, Jacksons, Ken Bromley and SAA.</div>
Adele, I still am ordering dog food from Germany as it is much cheaper. Also, must say that since the postage from Germany internationally is less than a 3rd of a price here (moved back here in September), I can not offer anybody free postage anymore for my items anywhere as that could finally be the thing which ruined me- British postal service. Using Hermes within UK now as they are very friendly, good price and efficient. Miss the cheap German postage ;-) Thanks for the links! Very helpful! Saved and will try some other paper when I run out (probably have couple months worth only left). Got some packaging paper rolls from the second one (I love brown wrapping paper - keeps things simple and neat).