Ink pens

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
I've just found a new pen ( well new to me) it's the only refillable fibre tip pen on the market (so they claim) it's called a Yookers they do lots of different versions I've purchased the all metal ...Yookers Yooth 751 1.0mm tip £12.63...they all take standard ink cartridges cheap and cheerful. 
I’ve heard of them, Chinese of course so it was inevitable that a refillable version would eventually become available. They aren’t particularly cheap and my initial concern was the nib section and how long it would last - I can do some serious damage to a Pilot or Edding 1800 in no time… but I expect that they are replaceable… at a cost! Pilot and Edding are reasonably lightfast and come with waterproof ink, both an absolute requirement for me. I don’t know enough about cartridges so can’t comment on them! But for general sketch book scribbling I imagine they would be quite a good tool.

Edited
by Alan Bickley

Haven't had time for a full assessment Alan but it's a nice looking pen really well made, spun alloy and stainless Steel nib looks tough,  like you I get through a lot of standard fibre tip pens, only problem is they don't seem to do one smaller than 0.8 and I usually work with 0.1 to 0.3 so I'm using it in my sketch journal as you said. 
Well I’m a sucker for trying out new pens Bari, the nib sounds decent quality as well!