Chris Saper DVD - portrait in oils

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 3 of 3
Glad it worked for you Jedi. A useful little trick. Hazel - the "paste" being grayed out would indicate there is nothing to paste - so, either your print screen key isn't working correctly so nothing is being copied, or you ain't doing it right. Assuming the second case isn't true, try holding down the Ctrl key at the same time as pressing PrtSc then see if you can paste. Failing that - try Shift and PrtSc together. I have know these to work in some cases. Failing that - without sitting at your machine, sorry I can't really help further. It's a built in function of the machine, so its not your software. Mel- I don't blame you - steer clear of all things technical. Mrs C thinks I can reprogram the washing machine when it goes wrong, which I can't, but she won't have it!
Of course you can. My point was, you don't need to go to that trouble, when it's built into the computer. Press a couple of buttons - job done, no loss in quality. But hey - whatever. Just trying to be helpful.
Oh excellent !!! Want one - now!! :->
Hi, Does anyone know? I ordered a DVD in March and the firm have still not managed to send it to me. I sent several e mails and kept receiving a letter saying it was on order (well I knew that)! The DVD was still not received in early June so I requested by cheque back. I understand it was coming from America? Not sure if you can buy this DVD in the UK and haven't managed to find it. Thank you.
Oh goodness, I need one of those mugs to show my parents in law... As to why draw from a computer screen - well, why draw from a live model, or a photo? Because sometimes it's helpful to have references. And if you are drawing something fast moving, even if you had a model, drawing it from life would be a hell of a job. I almost always start out drawing from images on the computer, but that doesn't mean that I copy them flat out. If I'm drawing something like a chariot race or a running horse, or a cyclist peddling flat out, then I need a reference because legs at speed are very peculiar things and I can't just fish them from my own brain. The other day I drew a horse race : the horses were drawn from a selection of different photos. I gave the riders different clothes (though I did use their photographed postures so their weight looked right), drew their faces from a mental image, and just drew the crowd freehand. The result wasn't a copy of anything - but the horses legs were more or less right!
Showing page 3 of 3