High & Dry Revamped

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
This is one of my earlier paintings I wasn't totally happy with, whilst I was pleased with the boat in the foreground the rest of the painting with the grey sky didn't sit right. So I put it back on my easel and experimented with some colour. I rather like the result but your comments would be very much appreciated. Thanks, Steve. Steve
Lovely painting Grampy .Like the skyand the colours Syd
Apart from the boat to the right which is shapeless as a craft and needs tweaking, I like this a lot.
Thank you all for your kind comments. Pat - Yes I normally work from photographs, but this one is a bit different, The sky is just how I felt it should look like. I kind of like the outcome. Derek & Syd - That boat has never sat right with me I have thought I might even paint it out and put something else there. Thanks again, Steve.
Thank you all for your kind comments. Pat - Yes I normally work from photographs, but this one is a bit different, The sky is just how I felt it should look like. I kind of like the outcome. Derek & Syd - That boat has never sat right with me I have thought I might even paint it out and put something else there. Thanks again, Steve.
It's a very good piece of work I too agree with Derek and Sid about the boat if you paint it out you could put a pool of water or a gull there if the space needs it ... Only one other thought would you consider putting a couple of flicks of white in the the blue pool of water at the side of the boat little flicks of light colour really finish a piece IMHO , Either way it's a lovely painting
Another good effort on the whole Steve, if you replace that boat with one from Syd's pics all will look a whole lot better, the left boat is very good by the way. Sunsets on the whole can be notoriously difficult to achieve, they can sometimes look a bit twee and there is a tendency to go 'overboard' and get carried away. This sky does look a bit like a raging inferno, sometimes less is more, have a good look at some photos of sunsets and see what your thought's are but well done anyway.
Dermot & Alan, Thank you for you kind comments and valued advice. Syd, Thank you for the reference pictures and for taking the time, it is very kind of you. Thanks again, Steve.

Edited
by Grampy