Do mostly men paint in acrylics?

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 3 of 3
<div>Digressing to oil paints for a moment and over the last 12 months or so I have been using Michael Harding oils, I just love the way they mix and the vibrancy of the colours. Just placed an order with Jackson's yesterday to top a few of them up and did happen to notice that there were a small range of MH colours available at Jackson's discounted price of £650 or thereabouts, beat that if you can...</div>
Alan, even if you don't normally use Cobalt Blue (and I don't know if you do) get yourself a tube of Michael Harding's - it's fabulous, so much clearer and cleaner than any other Cobalt oil paint I've used before. The fiendishly expensive ones include a (very toxic) Chinese Vermilion - I'd love to try it, although I'd have little use for it normally, but the price made me come over all peculiar and grab at something solid for support. But then there have always been super-expensive pigments in the history of oil painting - before a brilliant French chemist synthesized it, Ultramarine was one of them, as I'm sure everybody knows. The reason the Blessed Virgin Mary was almost invariably shown with an ultramarine robe was due to the extreme cost of the lapiz lazuli pigment - pricier than gold leaf at the time, I believe. So we don't really suffer so much these days - good paint has always been expensive (and buyers need to be told!). http://www.isleofwightlandscapes.net http://www.wightpaint.blogspot.co.uk
Oh yes Robert, I do have his Cobalt Blue and it is divine as you say. I do tend to paint more 'thinly' with these paints, they are more expensive but for me they are worth it although I would draw the line at silly money.
That certainly is silly money Steve, I think that you may have misunderstood me. Alan
what an odd thought giving mediums a gender...not something i have ever thought of but reading the comments was cool...
what make is the best covering white acrylic you have used ,
Showing page 3 of 3