The 100

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 4
Hmm - don't we all say we look older when faced with a photo of ourselves! Looking good. Glad you have been plated and pinned up.
Tinkering is paying off. Hope it takes your mind off of your physical discomforts.... That green and purple medal ribbon the gent is wearing - would that be a Territorial decoration? I seem to remember my father had that - don't know what happened to his medals.... 1939 to '45 Star, France and Germany Star, General Service Medal, Defence Medal - and that one. I can see them now, but whatever happened to them I don't know.... he never wore them in civilian life.
Think you're right - you've got a definite character here: and there does come a point where you've said all that needs saying - which in this case, is a hell of a lot.
Excellent work AG, he looks quite a character!
Lovely idea AG and great portraits.
Much better - the background was a bit distracting before. Hope the gentleman is out of hospital now, or on his way home soon anyway. He looks to be a real character.
My word you are busy and Bing looks marvellous AG. Number three is looking good too!
Well done - admirable effort.
He is coming on fine.
Really marvellous AG, well done!
You do manage, somehow, to get a very good impression of your subject from your earliest application of paint - an ideal to which we all might aspire, though I've seen plenty of painters who just paint a fleshy blob and put off refining the features until they've blocked in everything else. I suspect your method is actually quite unusual - just from observing others, I'm not a portraitist myself. It works, though!
It's looking really good already!
Showing page 2 of 4