Work in Torturous Progress

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
The colours have got bleached out, Syd - so I think as soon as I can take a better photograph (it's blowing a gale here at the moment and I can't get outside to photograph it in the light) the tonal variations will look better. The tree - I did worry about the tree: I was going to paint it taller, but felt it would be too dominant. We'll see. I could always do it again, of course.... Wouldn't be the first time I'd done that - then I could sell two versions of it! If anyone was buying, obviously......
Reagarding the tree Robert, its height didnt bother me but I thought a little more tonality might help it stand out more from the ground behind it.
Robert love it I don't think your tree should be taller it adds very much to the composition .The eye is now lead right through the picture with the help of your tree, the picture as far as I'm concerned is beautifully balanced .The limited colours you have used are controlled and give harmony throughout the picture .Lovely texture with excellent masterful brushwork well done David Harrison
Showing page 2 of 2