Work in progress

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Something quite different from recent sketches. Hopefully the end result won’t be photographic! And not sideways either!!

Edited
by Marjorie Firth

well done getting the sidewats look...clever. Will be interesting to see it on the dreaded black , loooking good so far Marjorie.
Is that BLACK gesso, young lady? 🤭😂 Love the shape of the goblet….and I know this is going to have the most gorgeous passages of light, if your previous pieces on this background are anything to go by Marjorie.
Nooo, it’s actually not black gesso. I thought about that but I want the surrounding bit to be different shades….we’ll see. But I am enjoying doing it…I put black paper inside a box and then put the glass and cherries in, a sort of light box but not😆
Something quite different from recent sketches. Hopefully the end result won’t be photographic! And not sideways either!!
Marjorie Firth on 06/12/2023 16:06:52
I bet it’s finished already or very soon? It does look beautifully painted, I like these details and the dark background…

This post has been removed as it violates our forum rules and guidelines.