Two in need to improvement

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
Peter, good luck. I think and I hope you don't mind me saying, your artwork is a bit quirky and different and that's what I really like about it.
I like your artwork as well Peter... The only criticism I have, is that the faces on all your portraits tend to look the same.. At least to me... 
I can imagine the comments you've mentioned can be annoying, as most of the people want to look at what they want to see, if they see anything else not matching their expectations - then there's nothing to make them like what they see... That's the case in here I guess? Furthermore, I personally thinking that improving already finished artwork is not necessarily making it better, it's sometime trade off, losing one effect to achieve other one if that come in sense... I have spotted one thing nobody has mentioned yet, that to me the red dressed girl has her left hand thumb appearing more like it would be the front finger - the way I understand it. It's making me confusing like if she's had 5 fingers at front - do you follow... From my point of view subtle shading correction can do the job. That's all I was after to share dear friend. To me you have your own unique style already, you improving it, you keep learning and you being yourself - that's all it's matter and you got it already!

Edited
by PogArt Ti

Thanks folks, I feel really encouraged. 
I like the pictures. Shows your style. Keep going as you are. Change what is right for you. Be stubborn, or appear to be. What is good for one isn’t necessarily good for the other.
Your work is instantly recognisable Peter which is a good thing right? 
I suppose it must be Russell! Martin, you're bang on, I'll keep on doing my pictures and not try to be anyone else.
Showing page 2 of 2