The 100

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 4
Been a whole 7 days since I have been here......sorry no sick note I am afraid. However here is my latest WIP. This is the start of a project to paint the portraits of 100 veterans over the next few years - I hope! An exhibition is being discussed and I am looking into publishing a book too. Each veteran will also get to keep their portrait....why am I doing this? Over the years I have met a lot of veterans and have been taken aback at how humble they are. I feel that they a forgotten barr one day a year.... And this project will bring together 100 veterans from the Army, Navy and RAF....
A beautiful painting as usual AG. What a fantastic thing to do. Best wishes. Ellen
What a wonderful tribute to these men, I think this project is going to keep you busy Ant!!
Good on ya! I had been think of doing something to commemorate the centenary of Paschendale, this year. My first idea was to do a proper oil portrait of my grand uncle George Ryder, who died there. But I thought that there must be loads of people with lost relatives, who only have a 2x2 inch sepia tint photo, who would love an artist to bring colour to their cheeks and show that they are never forgotten. Let me know if you have any thoughts on this and how it could work. Perhaps a painters on line challenge.
As above, an amazingly generous and wonderful idea! This one's looking great, I look forward to seeing others.
@Splosh and Davide19.... well I am considering a project to do veterans from WW1...WW2.... to the Falklands to honour those who have passed on too. As I have been asked about it.
Aww AG so sorry to hear you are laid up, hope you feel better soon and get back in painting mode.
Really sorry to hear that AG - hope everything knits up well and quickly.
Horribly painful, very sorry to hear that - won't ask how, unless you feel like telling us, because I don't suppose you're in the mood to divulge all just now. Broke my wrist a couple of years ago - painting very difficult, but I did manage a little, and felt better for it (though still plastered...) if that's of any help. Hope things knit together quickly.
Get well soon Ant.
Playing tennis!! Are you a mad man! Seriously do take care of that ankle and good luck with the alteration on the portrait.
Rest up Ant, and the painting's looking great.
Showing page 1 of 4