Stepping stones across Alt Coire an t-Sneachda

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Started this today after walking in the Cairngorms this morning. A lot more to do on this tomorrow although I don’t want to overwork it. More foliage detail and the cobblestones leading away from the burn may test my patience. Any comments or critique welcomed. 
Very jealous of the walk in the Cairngorm, love the movement and colours perhaps a touch more contrast. 
Yes...Ira , a  great start.    Colours are great and sense of movement.  
Another couple of hours this morning adding more detail and contrast (thanks Bari). The weather is not great today so no walking the mountains.

Edited
by Ira Theobold

I think this is done, I am going to leave for a day as I am heading home tomorrow and look again over the weekend. Might need some darker darks on the rocks in the burn although I don’t want to fiddle too much 
One of the fun things I do with a pic with water in it , is to get a stiff brush , maybe an old tooth brush and load it up with white...then “go for it” and have a happy splatter to create frothy bits .  A thought.  Lots of water around at the moment .  Some of our fields have ducks swimming on them. 
Finished this piece now and sent it off for framing forgetting to take a picture, thanks for all the great comments.