Playing with Inktense pencils - ICABOD

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 3 of 3
I've had a tin of twelve Inktense pencils for over a year now and had decided that I didn't like them. Earlier this year I decided to give then another chance and got so hooked that I recently spent about 40 quid on replacing the ones I had worn down to stubs, buying some of the blocks and a neat wooden box to keep them all in. I'm still exploring and experimenting with the differences between wetting the paper first and wetting the applied colour. I've found that I really do have to work light-to-dark as the lighter colours will not take at all over darker colours but soft pastels go over the Inktense quite effectively; I spent a very pleasant afternoon yesterday exploring a 'mixed media' approach with soft pastels and Inktense whilst listening to Japanese drum music on the car stereo. Here's a couple I made earlier. I call them my 'scribble sketches'.
I still haven't tried them, but these are interesting - I could certainly make a painting from drawings/sketches like these - just about all the information you want is there.  
Showing page 3 of 3