Old Sal

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Just started this WIP, which I think I'll finish in acrylic (as I started with acrylic).  At just 8" by 8", I may have trouble with it, what with the eyesight being a bit on the approximate side - but I meant to do this some time ago as a present for my brother: if it doesn't work out, I'll have to go out and buy him a birthday card instead....  The dog, for dog she was, and not, as you might have thought, a horse, is our Alsatian-cross - I looked after her when brother had gone to the mainland to work, but she was his dog, really: whenever he felt threatened, and often when he really didn't (cunning little rat) he'd call to her, and she would gallop to his defence, prepared to grab the hand of anyone who raised it against him; our father once lost patience with him and went to hit him: he soon found himself with a large dog attached to his wrist....  She lived to be 19..... dying in 1979, but never forgotten by either of us. Let's see if I can do her justice.  I'll have to try hard now, having posted this!
A bit light on the Raw Sienna, but I did paint that over the black acrylic outlines.  Note the floppy left ear .... which I shall have to emphasize; stayed with her forever, though I don't think she cared.