New Project. Under Pressure

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
The big party is next Saturday and I need to finish this. Taken on a burlesgue study for the birthday girl as a surprise. She's a in bunch of 4 who are not raunchy but enjoy dressing up and I am not sure yet if they perform. Have chosen two pictures to work on together and will concentrate on one as this week rips by. One a single figure, the other with an extra background poser. No likenesses and merely a semi abstract image in both cases with an imagined background or whatever. The two pictures are on a 40 x 26cm board,
The single figure is working for me. Great background and movement. I'd stick with that one tbh.
Thanks AG. That's the one anyway decided by a committee of my daughter, her best pal, my wife and yes me too yesterday. They all know the bithday girl very well and said flattery and don't attempt a likeness.
yes a single figure better for me, face looks a bit masculine? tricky subject
Maybe a help - Dita von Teese
Thanks Tony
This is as far as I want to go. Changed some colours, she wears a red dress and a black one so combined the two and kept the background dark and loose as is the whole thing. Figure and stance not perfect but my work never is. Severest critic - wife just spotted the nose is too bright so wil adjust on the work.

Edited
by DerekSnowdon

Thanks Gudrun, just had it mounted and framed today, looks good and ready for the surprise 50th Birthday party on Saturday.
Me too
I tried to get onto this pages and my post earlier and POL tells me it's been removed????
should be well pleased with it, detect a Joan Collins look
Thanks Tony, no intentions there at all but with such subjects in your excellent posts I can see why you say that.