Drawing chocolate pieces on a black background

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
I started a new painting of chocolate. Against a black background, I think there is something interesting about it, Well, this is where I started the painting. And for a change I didn't do a base painting with watercolors. From the direction that this time I think it is not so consumed. And maybe it can even create problems, so this time I immediately started with colored pencils on the black background,

Edited
by David Lustig

Interesting how the highlights have formed and it's looking so much like a bar of chocolate , each cube with texture smooth and hard with crevices, looking pretty good on a black surface! 
I finished the chocolate cubes more or less, and started to sprinkle colors in the painting. To take shape, (I hope you didn't mess with the current look of the painting, maybe now it looks a little messy. But later it will take shape)
I made further progress with the chocolate. It still needs some care. But it is progressing
I'm sorry I didn't share enough. But I finished the drawing, only I'm quite disappointed But whatever, you can watch the painting process on YouTubehttps://youtu.be/UxL61TQUYIk
It looks incredible (and edible!). I enjoyed watching your video - particularly the pile of pencils on the left constantly moving along 
Without I hope being unduly crass in my comment - this chocolate would not have lasted long enough with me for it to be painted.  You're disappointed with it - because you have exceptionally high standards, and high abilities to go with them.  I think it works, but it's what you think that matters.  
Yummy work, David.