Digital Art

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
I’ve never really had any natural artistic ability so I’ve been delighted with the latest digital art apps that are emerging; they allow for a lot of errors and give access to techniques that I just can’t seem to manage with brushes and paint. Sketchbook (Autodesk) is a free app that has been my favourite so far but I’m also trialling Painter (Infinite) to see if it’s worth paying for. I also invested in a digital pencil (not the expensive Apple variety) and am having a lot of fun.  The top piece is called ‘Misty Walk’ and was created using the Sketchbook app and digital pencil. The bottom piece has no title at the moment as it is an experiment with the Painter app but I’d welcome any thoughts or comments about these or about your own dabbling with the digital medium.
Hi Andy...welcome. I have used Brushes and found it fun to use .  But went back to traditional methods as that is how I like to work.  Both of these of yours look wonderful especially misty walk.