Watercolour pencils

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
Could be though I don't quite see why it would have amused me..... how did you manage to catch that, I wonder?  I couldn't find anything... Anyway: Syd was a touch conservative about such things, wasn't he - and maybe "what's wrong with a paintbox?" was what tickled me at the time.  Thing is, normally you'd lay down your w/colour pencil wash and then add water, rather that soak (and destroy) the pencil; though you know - he did have a point!  (So did his pencils.... as he pointed out when somehow, and I forget how, he got a glimpse of mine.. )
Of all the "pocket boxes" I own, this one is the most usable for me: https://www.craftyhangouts.com/best-watercolor-paints/ The Van Gogh paints are very lightfast, so they are better than many of the other "student" brands, and they're cheap to refill -about $2.00 per tube at Cheap Joe's. I love 'em for splashing around, and the box is both big enough to hold comfortably and small enough to haul around. Plus, I like the fact it cleans up for company fairly easily. This eBay seller says the lid is removable, but I've found that's NOT the case...nothing comes apart. But it wipes up nicely, anyway. It doesn't have the cute water reservoir though...I've been wondering if I should buy the Cotman one just for that.... But, realistically, how many "starter" sets do I want to own??? :oops: BTW...it does NOT include a sponge, and mine doesn't have a "thumb hole". But does come with a small two-piece synthetic brush.
Showing page 2 of 2