Patchings Competition

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
I am toying with the idea of entering the Patchings Competition in the class for beginners and amateurs - I think it is called Leisure Painter. However, on looking at my gallery I don't know which painting to choose (if any!) or should I try to do something specifically for it. I am a bit worried that if I try to do a special painting just for the competition that I will try too hard and it will all go wrong. If anyone would be kind enough to give an opinion on which of the paintings in my gallery they think might be suitable I would be extremely grateful for the input. Please don't be afraid to say if you think that none of them would really be up to the standard required - I won't be offended in the least. I have never entered a competition before, so have no idea what standard would be expected. Just to make this thread a little more general (rather than selfishly just about me!) - do you have a favourite painting in your own gallery and if so which one. Please add the name of your gallery so that others can have a look and see which painting you are most proud of.