Papers: why will some just not work for us?

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
The sphincter thing, it’s severe but relatively true, there is a competitiveness with artists. More so in the flesh.  Great reply, by the way.  Back to paper. Can’t for the life of me see lining paper falling to bits. I’ve stripped walls that are prewar… few and far between, I know. It’s the paint, as far as I’m aware, that rots the surface. On my gallery the picture called, the misinterpretation of failure, was done on reclaimed wallpaper. Just up-cycling some old shelves for a series of pictures. I use an alkaline resisting primer on them. I presume my preparation will match any shop product, especially if, as far as I know, the paper and gesso industry isn’t policed by the government.  There is a paint I put on that has withheld the salty air on our sea front, for five years now.  Trust thyself. It’s far better that trusting manufacturers that change formulas by the month. If we carry on with ‘old school’ just because it’s proven that it works, then there is no new school to become old, if you catch my drift. We will be stuck on the outside toilets of our forefathers 
Drift caught!
Showing page 2 of 2