My practice

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
Fascinating stuff.  Colin's opened the flood gates with his neat work space.  Just after Christmas last year, I posted a pic of my new art desk.  Very spick and span it looked too.  Not now.  I like to leave everything 'as is' for my arty stuff, so I can do a bit whenever I can without any fuss.  It's in my conservatory.  Here's a pic taken just now.... I've got at least two pics on the go.  I have two oddball artists in a yarn I'm doing...I'm trying to paint in two different styles.  (Fat chance...they'll look like my stuff.  I should have got my wife to paint them.   Err...NO is the answer to the question 'can your wife paint.')
Really interesting to see the scale you work to Lewis as well as your v tidy workspace!
I have a couple of fold up tables that are very useful. Once the dinning table was full, I bought one, it was about £40, It's a nice size and a comfy office chair sits underneath it. So if I'm painting and sketching and I've got a chair with wheels, I can get everything out at once, so, I'm not back and forth wasting time. I've had three tables up today in the living room, now I've finished a painting, they are all away again. I know I should just be practicing with one medium at a time but, if I'm waiting for something to dry, I want to be cracking on with some practice while I'm waiting. I think in art, I am very disorganised. Your work space looks nice and tidy Lewis and Alan, your painting of your work space, is great. Nothing was ever out of place until I started painting a few months ago.
This easle was a Christmas present of my Mum twenty years ago. I'm actually using it for the first time after digging it out of storage recently. Again on the dining table. 
Showing page 2 of 2