More faffing about with Yupo

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Back in my comfort zone ,another re wilding pic of my neighbours garden. I intend to do some rewilding of my own this year.  I like this Yupo paper it creates unexpected results.   I have also discovered I can “fix “ it . This is A 4  
Stunning!
Lovely work Sylvia, your paintings are always cheerful and uplifting.
Beautiful, Sylvia.  How are you managing to fix it?
Yes, a Sylvia painting always cheers you up - because she loves colour, and she's getting the best out of Yupo paper (which some find impossible).  I too would be interested to know how you're fixing it, Sylvia.
Praise indeed Robert..I googled  ( what did we do before Google ) and found that Matte picture varnish is recommended,.it seems to have worked.   It’s very odd to use and I’m working on A4 at the moment though I have discovered I have a few sheets or A3 in my  cupboard but am waiting for more stuff in the garden , I like working from life .  I like it’s unpredictability and if you don’t like it you just wipe  it off.  .
Well Sylvia, you do go on so about Yupo and it’s wonders, so I’ve just ordered myself an A4 pad to give it a whirl! Delivery due next week so watch  this space.
Want to paint a sky?  Well - here you are! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cFwAzesdD4
"That'll do".   The master of understatement! I'd love to know what paper he uses. 
Not Yupo. Colin.... I'm not primarily a watercolour painter, but I know enough about it to know that paper is key: and as we get into this, I'd suggest Bockingford; The Langton;  Saunders Waterford; and Arches - if I painted more in watercolour, I'd investigate Hahnemuehle and Schollershamer papers more thoroughly, especially their torchon papers, but ....life is so short!  I paint in acrylic, oil, watercolour, and now and then in gouache -give me another 70 years and I'd investigate so much more, but I'm 71 now and fear I'm never going to get to explore the whole range of materials: so wish I could!