Brusho

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Hello everyone, I have recently inherited a set of Brusho with 12 pots. The problem is I can't open the little containers, the set is fairly old and hasn't been used, but the same pots still seem to be on sale.  The plastic pots are about 2 inches tall, there is a bit on the lid that looks like it should pull around, but after breaking a nail I can't move it. I can hear the stuff inside if I shake the pot, so I think it is still OK. Please - can anyone tell me how to open them! Thank you!!
Make holes in the top like a pepper pot . I use it like this anyhow.  Have you removed the circling piece of plastic around the rim.  Or use a pice of thin rubber to grip and turn. 
I had this problem too. I used a pair of pliers to pull the tab to open it. If you are opening the pot up, be very careful, as a small amount can go a very long way, and you will not know how far until you put water on it. If you are using it this way I recommend you use a cocktail stick to take a small out. Like Sylvia suggested Put a few holes in the lid like a pepper pot. Again be careful how much you sprinkle about. Best mask off areas you don't want the brush to be with torn up paper towel, no need to stick it down.

Edited
by Alan Beresford

Thank you Alan! The pliers worked!! Or rather pincers as I found those first. It was still stiff to remove. Thank you both Sylvia and Alan for the hints on using, I now know what my next project will be. If any good I will post of the gallery. Thanks again.