Brand,s

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
What an excelllent point. I for one never thought about that not being hard on hearing or deaf. Great post and i hope those people who make instructional art videos get to see this posting. I will make instructional dvd's one day and i will definetly look at putting subtitles on them cheers.
I too would support this...
VERY WELL SAID COLIN ! I applaud and I hope that they are going to HEAR you !
There already exists lots of good DVDs by well known artists that may be a great help to those with hearing difficulty, if only text could be added.  I am sure that computer software exists that will convert the spoken word into text (and vice versa).  The problem is that the text would be too much to read while attempting to watch a DVD.   In these days just about anything is possible Colin but someone has to make it happen.  You may have sown the seed!
Thanks to those of you who have supported me. Thanks BOB ELCOCK famous pastel artist who has shown the way by using subtitles on one of his animal teaching DVD's which has just been brought to my attention.
Hi Colin,  Pleased to hear that the problem is being addressed at least by one DVD demonstrator - it's a start.  After my reply here on the 15th I spent the remainder of the evening searching the web to learn what the "state of the art" is now with audio editing.  Although it is something I was familiar with, I am out of touch with current techniques.  There would appear to be two possible ways of adding text to an existing DVD which of course requires rewriting to a copy and all the considerations of copyright.The first is software that writes all the speech to text and displays it on the DVD.  This obviously would be too much and would need editing to the minimum required to convey what is going on.  The second method is to comment via a microphone and this is displayed as text on the DVD.  Clearly something is possible but probably viable only for newly produced DVDs.  Searched the RNID site but nothing there. Will keep an interested watch on this. 
Hi, i am curious as to what brand of watercolour paint,s member,s use and why, also is there many member,s who pick out certain colour,s from differant brand,s and use along side with other brand,s ? I use mainly Maimari Blu which i found exellent apart from one or two a little on the weak side. They seem to have a differant finish to theother brand,s and many a time people have remarked on the lovely pastel smooth finish to the painting,s? But i would like to make a pallete of twelve colour,s and as i said there are a couple of weak colour,s such as raw siena and if i swaped that colour for say W+N raw siena would it affect the overall pastel finish to the final result? Or could someone recomened a differant brand that might gel with Maimari watercolour,s? Harry