Spotted this

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Hi, I recently spotted this in a public venue accompanied by a panel saying the artist was ‘anon’. Any thoughts as to the painter? I have my suspicions , and the thoughts as to why it’s marked ‘anon’ but I’d be interested to have your thoughts.  I have tried a reverse image search without success. Thanks

Edited
by Andrew Roles

I have no idea, Andrew. But there's either an underpainting showing through or some partial glazing, if that's any help, although don't rely on my eyesight. Or is it behind glass or perspex and it's a reflection?.
I have no idea, Andrew. But there's either an underpainting showing through or some partial glazing, if that's any help, although don't rely on my eyesight. Or is it behind glass or perspex and it's a reflection?.
Norrette Moore on 02/03/2024 08:30:02
Norette - yes it was behind glass hanging in a corridor, this is the best picture I could get given the lighting.  Cheers !
I'm being bold here Andrew but it has a wiff of Wyeth about it. Obviously it's not. Why I say this is because there seems to be an aire of strange familiarity that reminds me of the way they paint. They eyes for example and if you look closely, the child has rather a creepy smile. I quite like it. Probably way of base but it's just what I think.

Edited
by Denise Cat

I'm being bold here Andrew but it has a wiff of Wyeth about it. 
Denise, good suggestion, but unlikey given the location I spotted it.  I thought it might be by Peter Blake based on the style, but can’t find it among his pics on the Internet.  I guess it shall remain ‘anon’.  Thanks !
I thought "influenced by Beryl Cooke", and if anyone thinks than an insult, it isn't - Cooke was a very competent painter, but of course most if not all of her work was of a cartoon character.   I suppose one isn't supposed to interrogate "anon", which in this case is just as well because I've no idea who the artist might be.