Public Liability Insurance?!

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
I have been invited to show my work at a council-run arts festival. The form I have been sent includes a request for a CRB* check and public liability insurance. I have been CRB checked, but only in respect of voluntary work in a specific school (these things aren't transferrable) and I think it will cost money. (*CRB checks are now called DBS checks.) As will public liability insurance. I've not done anything on this scale before and I'm slightly at a loss as to why these things are required. Added to the upfront fee (which I had been lead to believe wasn't there), it's going to price me out of the event. I was going to have a stall type of arrangement with a few information displays (as yet uncreated) on media and methods. I was also contemplating a magnetic rearrange-the-pentaptych game thing. Obviously, I really need to talk to the council concerned, but in the meantime (it's the weekend), has anybody else taken out public liability insurance? Or been asked to get a CRB check in order to man their own exhibition / stall?