Numbering of pictures in gallery

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Although I have now been posting for some time I have only just spotted that each picture in each gallery is numbered. (You will see this when you click onto a specific image.) They are numbered in reverse order in that the latest posting is always No1 For example, currently my first posting in my line drawing gallery is numbered No4 and will become No5 when I post another picture in this particular gallery My query is that surely the numbering shouldn't change and only the latest posting should be given the next number in sequence. In other words I would expect the first posting to be No1, the next No2 etc and for them to retain their numbering when new pictures are added. It seems to make no sense to me to do it in what I percieve as being the wrong way round and to change their reference numbers every time a new posting is made Am I losing it or do others agree.