New to pastels - feedback requested, work in progress

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
Thanks, Ellen, Adele and Sylvia. You are right, Adele - I do feel overwhelmed and I don't think I will ever be a technical painter.I will to come back to this to this medium and portraiture. Currently we are preparing for an exhibition at my art class. so I am working on a very personal piece in memory of my sister who passed away 3 years ago, aged 38. I have toyed with putting it on here, but it is such a personal piece. I think we would all agree, art can be great therapy:)
Oops. Just realised I have only read half the posts. Thanks everyone for your comments. I think I just had a blip. Like you Adele, I was put off in the past. My ex was an architectural technician was so critical of my artistic endeavors, I didn't pick up a pencil or paint brush for 30 yrs. I have picked up some very useful tips from here, though as some of you have said, not everything suits everyone's style. Robert, I love practising and experimenting. Yesterday, I had a very pleasing result on acrylics using a feather to paint leaves!!
Feathers are good for painting marble effects too!
Showing page 2 of 2