What is vimeo

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
I have a new icon Vimeo showing next to Pol on my account. Not sure if I should kick or delete it.  Please can anyone explain im very confused. Mind you that doesn't take a lot.
Whether it should be there or not I don't know, but vimeo is a site which shows videos made by subscribers, and might for all I know be the vehicle which powers videos on this site.  It shouldn't be at all dangerous.
Thank you so much Robert, I was a little concerned, as you never know, I had noticed it was for studio TV videos, but it does ask me to subscribe?  Although some videos are the same as  Pol.  I think I'm probably best leaving the icon, and continue as always. Thanks again Robert for putting my mind at rest.
Thank you so much Robert, I was a little concerned, as you never know, I had noticed it was for studio TV videos, but it does ask me to subscribe?  Although some videos are the same as  Pol.  I think I'm probably best leaving the icon, and continue as always. Thanks again Robert for putting my mind at rest.
I find it so strange that people are not familiar with Vimeo, the site that could have been YouTube's greatest competitor, considering that it was launched about the same time as YouTube. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vimeo Vimeo is a videos sharing platform, similar to YouTube. It has been around for over 17 years, and it is perfectly safe. It differs from YouTube in various ways, one of them being that it does not offer revenue to the content creators through an ads-based system.

Edited
by Lucian Hodoboc

Thank you for your explanation Lucian . As I arrived with the Ark 81 years ago I didn't know either .