Remembering Syd challenge

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
No disrespect I hope, but that "Flying Scotsman" gave me an idea. A quick pen and wash as a homage to our dear Scotsman Syd.
Marvellous image, Paul, we're all on a journey through life and we don't know when it's our turn to disembark.
Here's my tribute to Syd. It's a fast and loose acrylic on canvas (30 X 23 cms), based on The Flying Scotsman emerging from a tunnel. I enjoyed painting this one, strangely enough, but I'll probably finish it with oils at some time. Maybe not, though. From the gut, this one. Bri PS I'll post it in the gallery tomorrow, so no need to comment, my friends. B

Edited
by Beemax

I like that Bri. RIP Syd, the old scoundrel. I shall miss his input. David
Thanks, David, for the kind comment. I've placed it in the gallery now. Bri
I'm thinking the same Ellen! I've never drawn a train so I don't think I can enter this particular challenge but well done to everyone who has.
Farewell Syd

Edited
by carol

Still playing catch-up on the POL site. Very sad news about old Syd. I always enjoyed his input, even on the very few times when I disagreed with him. He was always very encouraging to me, and to others no doubt. I liked some of the cartoons in his gallery, a couple had me chuckling aloud...unusual for me, I'm one of those inward laughers (painful). I shall miss him. Lew.
Showing page 2 of 2